Many couples provide transportation for the wedding party to get them to the reception after the ceremony. What a great way to make sure everyone arrives safely. Others just want a fun way to say bon voyage to their wedding guests after getting “hitched.” The most common type of transportation is the limousine or party bus. But what if those options just aren’t your style? Here are some great ways to add a personal touch to the transportation on your big day:
Bride and Groom departure:
- Motorcycle (be careful with the dress!)
- Horse drawn carriage (great for vintage weddings)
- Roller skate to a car parked down the street
- Tandem bicycle (again, careful with the dress)
- Helicopter (what a rush!)
- Hot air balloons (unless you’re afraid of heights)
Wedding party departure:
- Golf carts (each couple gets their own)
- Tractor and wagon (fun for a country theme)
- Trolley (enough room for everyone)
- Pontoon (if your ceremony is at the lake)
- Horses for everyone!
No matter what mode of transportation you choose, make sure to have it lined up and ready to go right after the ceremony. If you have to wait for your helicopter to arrive, it won’t be as exciting. Also, check locally to see what’s available before setting your mind on a horse drawn carriage that may not be available in your area. Either way, plan something you will remember forever.